Thursday, August 7, 2008

The first sip...

...of coffee?? Nah...I'd say of expressing myself on the world wide web...of blogging...of getting the first taste of it...what does it feel like? Hmmm...lemme linger over my cuppa for a while...

I have enjoyed reading other people's blogs...c'mon...who doesn't? To me...it's the cheapest form of voyeurism...the internet comes cheap you see...! And I've had my own share too...I have read other's blogs...read their confessions and thoughts...and have commented sometimes...but I have never been mean to anyone...I can say that! It's a great space...to express your thoughts...muse over them...edit...preview...publish and receive comments on!

3 years back I made a few promises to myself...one of which was to blog. It started with a fancy name...which I can't remember now...but it never breathed a day...this time around, I hope to complete the gestation period...to me its a month of regular writing...and then see my baby deliver...after all writing is also a creation of sorts...waah waah...whatta profound thought!

But then why am I blogging??? Let me answer that question to myself...I'd say to get into the habit of writing...I have always nurtured the dream of writing fiction someday...aahhh...there goes my most secret desire...and seeing my words in print...albiet on a blog....sigh! Also to be more vocal...I am not sure who'd like to hear/read me out...but nonetheless I'd like to indulge in some expression of thought, which I hope would be of some interest to others besides myself! So here are a few promises...I'd like to keep this space fairly non personal...don't mock me if I talk about my personal life considering its fairly uninteresting!...use this space for some fair speech and random thoughts...promise not to bore people with my non sensical and illogical point of view...and for publishing a few original pieces of work...let's hope I get to write my original stories here!

So why should anyone read it??? DONT...! Coz I am not really craving for comments...but if you really can't hold your urge to maaro a comment...type on!!!!!!!

The first cup wasn't bad at all...I think i'll order a second one tomorrow...

3 comments:

aroop said...

nice one..like i said..welcome to the blogworld..i dont want to sound preachy and all..but i can see that although you are adding label to your post..the label column doesnt shows up on your blog, enable it, as it will make navigation a lot easier for the people visiting your blog.

Byeee and cheers

Diya Banerjee said...

u blog?

Diya Banerjee said...

When did u start Blogging???